Kathak is the narration of a magical story, that recites on lips, illuminates imaginations, and embraces the most sacred depths of Souls. Kathak is one of the main genres of ancient Indian classical dance and is traditionally regarded to have originated from the travelling bards of North India referred as Kathakars or storytellers, who wandered around and communicated legendary stories via music, dance, and songs quite like the early Greek theatre. The genre developed during the Bhakti movement, the trend of theistic devotion which evolved in medieval Hinduism. The Kathakars communicate stories through rhythmic foot movements, hand gestures, facial expressions, and eye work. This performing art that incorporates legends from ancient mythology and great Indian epics, especially from the life of Lord Krishna became quite popular in the courts of North Indian kingdoms. Three specific forms of this genre that is three gharanas (schools), which mostly differ in emphasis given to footwork versus acting, are more famous namely, the Jaipur gharana, the Banaras gharana and the Lucknow gharana.
What you will learn:
- To practice Lucknow Gharana style Kathak dancing.
- To correct body posture and achieve proper Body balance
- Different types of chakkers, expressions, foot work and hasta
- Wear comfortable dress like churidar, leggings, dupatta and gungroo.
- Sufficient space that allows you to move freely.
- Passion to dance and dedication to learn & perform.
- Laptop with high quality Webcam and Mic & Zoom Meeting Client.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.